Quick story about my neighbor that I sometimes take on snowboard roadtrips with me… I was going to swap out his name to protect him from embarrassment, but heck – his boots really stunk, I had to deal with it – so I’m naming names:
Last season, after a couple of road trips with Peyton – I noticed a distinct smell… the smell was noticeably worse on the way back from the hill after riding all day. At the tail end of our second trip of the year, I was helping unpack the truck and I handed Peyton his boots… That’s when I caught a big whiff…. some kind of a rotten chicken and fish combination – pungent – horrible – just touching his boots got the funk on my hands. I ran inside and immediately doused my hands in sanitizer…
Next weekend Peyton wanted to go to Seven Springs with me – I was like, “ok, but your boots stay in the back of the pick-up.” When we got to Springs, his boots were frozen solid and it took him a half hour to get them on – SORRY, but atleast I didn’t have to smell em.
After that trip I began to look into other options for curing the putrid smells that were seeping from his boots.
1) Showering and regular personal hygiene – since he’s a teenage skate rat, this was unlikely.
2) Burning them – solves the problem, but then he could not ride.
3) Cleaning them somehow – this seemed like the only viable option, but what would be the best way to proceed?
I tried multiple solutions on the market – including bowling shoe spray – rental climbing shoe spray febreeze (might have made it worse) – Lysol (definitely made it worse) – several other home and industrial pet and odor cleaners….. The only thing that cured the funk was a hospital grade disinfectant called Vital Oxide .
Vital Oxide is a broad-spectrum, antimicrobial solution proven to perform against molds, mildews, fungi, spores, yeasts, and viruses. Use Vital Oxide in shower stalls, under sinks, on kitchen counters, in diaper pails, at schools, in daycares, on sports equipment (Like Snowboard Boots), in basements – anywhere mold or bacteria can be found. Vital Oxide Antibacterial Spray has been independently tested under GLP (good laboratory practice) conditions and shown to kill bacteria and viruses, such as MRSA, H1N1 (Swine Flu), Norovirus, Legionella pneumophila, and E. coli.
Basically Vital Oxide gets the job done and is not hazardous to your health (unlike many of the other solutions we tried).
If your boots are stinking like Peyton’s then I would highly recommend spraying em down with some Vital Oxide – now available at Shred Soles Dot Com: https://www.shredsoles.com/collections/catalog/products/vital-oxide-snowboard-boot-disinfectant-3-oz-spray?variant=14582352966
Use discount code “Vital” for 10% off and Free Shipping sitewide until Midnight on Monday the 17th of November.